Wednesday, September 30, 2009

9 month Checkup


Today we went to our 9 month Checkup. This is the best picture I could get of the little boy before we put him in the car this morning! It was cool enough for him to wear a windbreaker on the way there but not on the way home. Got to love that Texas air!
Ethan got 2 shots today: his last Rotavirus and his first Flu Shot. Babies getting their first time flu shot have to have 2. The second one will come in 28 days. He also had to get his blood taken from his toe for an iron test. I knew as soon as she put that band aid on his toe it would end up in his mouth and it did! He was a little low so she wants him eating iron rich foods. Broccoli here we come! We will also be starting some meat, cheese and branching out on our vegs and fruit.
He weighed in at 19lbs 7oz (40%). His head is 45cm (45%). His height is a little on the low side 26.5in which is only in the 5%. She said he is due for a growth spurt any time now!
She also said, if we are going to get him to sleep through the night, then now is the time. He still wakes every 2hours, sometime every hour. I have been going to him because he's so sweet and I hate to hear him cry. Maybe the lack of sleep is why I can't get over my cold!

Wish us luck on finishing up the sleep training.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope he does well with both shots. Good to hear he is beginning to eat lots of new things! What about that tooth?
Love,
JeeJee

Annie said...

Ahhh, I hope he starts sleeping better for you! My little girl didn't sleep through the night till she was 20 months old...yeah, that's encouraging isn't it? But I really pray that your little man can sleep better for you.

And I hate shots...but they are so neccessary. I vax my kids too, I hate to hear them cry though

God luck with the solids! hope it goes well

Anonymous said...

Tofu is good for iron and most babies love it. I cut it in pea-size cubes and let them use it as finger food. It kept them amused too. I personally think it's too bland, but babies have more taste buds than us old folks. Eli loved it...Ethan may too!

Vicki

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Congrats on the award. That boy is getting too big. Loved the sleep training.... it does work.... and glad you survived the night ok.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...