Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Turtles and Snakes and Monkeys, Oh My!

Eli, Ethan and I went to the Animal World and Snake Farm on Saturday! We had a great time and got to see lots of different types of animals. The weather was perfectly overcast and cool. Eli and I both agree that The Snake Farm was just as good if not better then a zoo. You could get really close to the animals but still at a safe distance. Eli was impressed that they had so many different types of poisonous snakes! Only in Texas.....
Here's one of the only photo's of me with the little boy. We were looking at the chickens that just roamed around the place. Ethan thought they were so funny.And this wasn't even the biggest snake they had! If I would have known how well the photos through the glass would take, I would have taken more. There were soooo many snakes and lizards inside the building and you could get soooo close to them. And, I swear, I could have opened the cages if I would have wanted to. I couldn't see any kind of lock on the cage. Don't worry, all the poisonous snakes were behind a second cage with a lock.These monkeys were happy to come down and pose for me! Eli threw food at them and they thought it was a game of swat away! Very cute.These were some big turtles! And they were very friendly. They walked right over to the fence.

And don't even ask me what this is!!It was about the size of a pig. Oh and speaking of pigs, they also had a petting zoo! I will have pics in another blog. Just so you know Ethan loved the petting zoo!

We were able to use coupons from our Entertainment Book we got for Christmas from Eli's parents last year. What great deals in this book! Most of the coupons offer buy 1/get 1 free. And it helps you to find all kinds of great things to do in your area. We also found a great local restaurant that was a little hard to find because it was smack dab in the middle of a residential neighborhood! But it was good food, cheap and we had a half off coupon. We ended the day spending less then $30.

I will post more pics of the Snake Farm when we get home from Oklahoma next week!

1 comment:

Carly said...

I am so scared of snakes. I twinge just looking at them. Looks like you guys had lots of fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...