Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Meal Plan Monday (Tuesday)

I haven't planned meals this week yet. I'm still doing my shopping. So I thought I'd show you all the goodies I made last week.

I made pinwheels to take to the potluck at Express when I worked for tax free weekend. These are made with flour tortillas, cream cheese, pimentos, green chilies and black olives. I always use the mild green chilies but I think I'm going to start using some hotter ones. They really need some kick to them. I'm also thinking they could use some cilantro blended into the cream cheese. Next time.
I don't have a picture to show you but I made a coconut cream pie that my Grandma has been making a lot lately. It's really easy, cheap and low fat!

1 graham cracker crust

1 box of sugar/fat free vanilla pudding

milk

coconut

lite whip topping

Make up the pudding as directed on the box. Put a thick layer of coconut in the bottom of the crust and top with pudding. Let set in fridge for a few hours then add the whip topping. Yumm.

I made a pie crust and had some left overs so I made some of my Grandma's butter rolls. These are also super easy. Just butter, sugar and cinnamon. I also added some nutmeg and they were really good. Just put all the stuff in the middle of the dough and fold over any way you want. Bake until the crust is golden.

This is what I made the pie crust for. It's a buttermilk pie. OMG! It is amazing. We had this pie in South Carolina at the Hominy Grill and it was wonderful there. I had left over buttermilk from the dumplings and didn't know what to do with it. I thought: I'll make that buttermilk pie. I am glad I did! I was afraid it would be hard to make because you had to whip the egg whites and I have never done that. But it wasn't hard at all! The recipe can be found here. I do think I let it cook a little too long. It's not suppost to be that dark on top but it was good just the same.







You know somethings good when by 2pm the next day this is all you have left:

And there were only 2 people eating it! I will be making this one again and again. I might have to make it when I go to Oklahoma next week!

And I wonder why I can't lose that last 15lbs......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend suggested you use salsa mixed in with your cream cheese to give it a little kick. Sometimes my mom uses garlic or onion powder to make cream cheese have a little more taste...practice makes perfect! :-)
Shaunna

Unknown said...

Sounds good! I'll have to try that.

Anonymous said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM good!! Can't wait for the buttermilk pie! Can't wait to see you!!!
Love,
Mom (JeeJee)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...