Monday, June 22, 2009

Meal Plan Monday

In an effort to cut grocery spending (so I can spend more $ on Cloth Diapers LOL) I have taken the idea that other frugal moms have been doing for awhile. I am going to start meal planning. I want to post it on my Blog for two reasons: So I stick to it and so I can share my recipes. Here goes!!!





Sunday: Happy Father's Day!!!





Lunch- Left over- This was given to me by a friend of Jee Jee's. Yummm and freezes well.


CHICKEN SPAGHETTI

1 CHICKEN BREAST PER PERSON TO FEED
BOIL WITH 1 STICK OF BUTTER AND A CUT UP ONION (IF DESIRED)
COOK PKG SPAGHETTI IN THE CHICKEN BROTH LEFT OVER FROM BOILING.
MIX TOGETHER:
1 MEDIUM PACKAGE VELVEETA
1 CAN CREAM OF MUSHROOM
1 CAN CREAM OF CHICKEN
1 CAN TOMATOES (STEWED OR PIECES)

POUR OVER CHICKEN THAT HAS BEEN CUT UP
POUR ONTO SPAGHETTI AND MIX





I made it and mixed it up ahead of time. Then when Eli got home from work I stuck it in the oven to warm and melt the cheese. We had left over that I had frozen.





Dinner- Steak, Corn, Pan Fried Potatoes





This was what Eli wanted for his first Father's Day, even though he had to cook the steaks himself. A few weeks ago I got a great deal on fresh ears of corn ($1 for 5, I bought total 20 ears for $4!!) We had roasted it on the grill and I cut it off the ear and froze it in serving size. We will have corn for awhile.


The pan fried potatoes were fried in lots of butter! A first for me, being a veg oil girl, but they were really good.
It was also my first time to use a Mandolin. Don't worry, I used the guard most of the time :). I just discovered we had one. Eli and I were watching the Food Network (I know, big surprise) and I said I wish we had one and Eli said "We do!" Thank goodness I married a former chef.
Monday- Pot Pie......tutorial coming soon.

Tuesday- Charro Beans, Corn Bread w/ onions and bell peppers.

I love my Charro Beans. Cook pinto beans with butter, salt, pepper, bacon and cumin. When they are done add more cumin to taste, garlic powder, onion salt, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. Simmer without lid till thick.

Weds- Stir Fry Chicken w/ broccoli and bell peppers.

Thurs- Pork chops, oven green beans w/garlic, black eyed peas

Friday- Bean Patties made something like this, chow chow bought in South Carolina, broccoli with garlic

Saturday- Beef Stew (if I get around to making it sometime this week, its always better the next day)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...