Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pot Pie




Here is my much anticipated tutorial of my pot pie!! You can ask anyone (Jee Jee, Grandpa Scotty, Eli, Grandma) that it is awesome!


What you will need:
Chicken Breast (I use 2)
fresh garlic
onion
olive oil
frozen vegs (I use store brand)
2 potatoes
1 or 2 cans of cream of chicken (depends on how creamy you want your pie)
Salt and Pepper to taste
store bought pie crust (I make my own when I have time) you can find it next to the butter at the store (also great when you have to make a million pies for Thanksgiving!!)
Cut your chicken bite size. Cook them in a pan with a little olive oil, crushed (or chopped garlic if you don't have a wonderful garlic crusher, thanks mom) and chopped onion.
Peel and chop your potatoes. Cook them in the microwave for about 5 mins.
Mix everything together:
The vegs are still frozen, although Eli suggested I cook them a little first so they are softer. I will try that next time.
Place first pie crust in bottom of baking dish. Add filling. Cover with second pie crust and pinch around edges. Poke with a fork a few times and bake uncovered until you can hear it bubbling and the crust is brown. Enjoy!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...