Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Things you have to have during Pregnancy


1. Body Pillow-This is a must! Any kind will do. I had a boppy that was a half moon shape. Warning: Your husband will feel replaced by this item. He will get over it!


2. Body Ball- This is sold as exercise equipment ($10 Walmart). Be sure to get the right size for your weight and make sure it is "anti-Burst". We don't want you ending up on the floor! You will use it for soooo many things. Be creative here! Get on your knees and lean on it to let your belly hang or stretch your back. Sit on it and lay your top half on the side of the bed (I have fallen asleep in this position). This one is also good if your husband (or anyone for that matter) will rub or crack your back. You can also use it during labor. It is even helpful after birth when you want to sit down but the baby wants to bounce. It is much better on your bottom then a hard chair! In fact, I'm sitting on it right now! It will also be helpful when you decide in a year or two to start losing the baby fat!

Warning: Do not let your Mother on it. She will wake up the next day in pain!


3. Yoga Classes- These helped me more then anything! Yoga helps you to learn to relax during the uncomfortableness of pregnancy, the pains of labor and the stress after the birth. Going to a class is best because you can leave all the stress of life outside and really learn to relax. If you are not able to go then buy a few tapes (I got 2 at goodwill for $1 each!), go into a quite room where you can be alone for at least 30mins. Do this as least twice a week. Trust me, it's worth it!


4. A loving Husband or partner- This is a must! I don't know what I would have done without Eli. He was my butler, driver, massage therapist, psychologist, man servant, lover and a million other things all wrapped into one very loving and patient man. And he continues to deal with me and my hormones on a daily basis and hasn't left me yet!


5. A loving Family- I am so blessed to have such a loving and supportive family. It has made everything much easier knowing they are just a phone call or a days drive away. Eli's family has also been such a loving support with their phone calls, cards and emails. I know they can't wait to see the little one!


6. Anything else that makes you happy or more comfortable because you must remember: It is all about you during pregnancy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...