I'm joining Samantha at Mama Notes for her Body after Baby Challenge 2010!! During the next several months we will be blogging about our Goals, Plans, Challenges and Success in losing our "baby weight"( I like to pretend I need to lose weight because I had a baby not because I enjoy carbs way too much!).
At Ethan's 8 week check up, my midwife gave me the okay to start losing weight. With breastfeeding and following the Weight Watchers plan I was able to drop 20lbs in 3 months! I am still at my weight I was when I got pregnant with Ethan but I am a lot softer and still about 15-20lbs over my goal weight. I'm looking forward to losing these extra few pounds before Eli and I decide to start adding to our family:)
- Lose 15lbs by April 1st.
- Workout (walking with stroller) 3x per week outside the house (street or mall)
- "Workout" in home 3x per week
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day (I should be doing this anyway!)
- Do some type of workout everyday. This can include walking with Ethan in the stroller outside on nice days or in the mall on not so nice days, doing one of my many exercise tapes or DVDs or deep cleaning something in the house (bathroom, kitchen, etc.) I just need to get moving!!
- Tracking my points. I do very well when I keep my journal of what I've eaten and how much I still have left to eat! I love finding the points value of food. My Mom got me a points scale for Christmas that will really come in handy! Thanks Mom!
- Keeping my water bottle with me all the time! I am so dehydrated all the time but I don't drink nearly enough water and getting plenty of water is a secret to weight loss.
- Planing meals. I've have gotten really bad at my Meal Planing and need to get back on it. This keeps me from asking Eli to stop and pick up fast food on the way home from work! I look forward to posting my plans and new low fat recipes I find.
Wish me luck and hop on over to Mama Notes and join us if you want your pre-baby body, or something like it, back!