Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My First Cloth Diapers

Mommie V


Mommie V and Funky Mama Bird are starting "Cloth Tushie Tuesday" and I thought I'd join in on the fun! Today we are talking about our first cloth diaper. My first cloth diapers were bought before Ethan was born and I was still working. Eli and I decided that I should stay home with the baby and we were looking for ways to save money. Cloth diapering was something that could save lots of money! I did a little research online and bought 15 BG 3.0 in white. I thought white would be easier to clean because I could use bleach on them. I don't have those same diapers for various reasons (see this post) but BG's are still my most trusted diapers!


We didn't start using the BG's until Ethan was 2 months old. He was just too small for them and I think I was a bit overwhelmed and wasn't ready to add one more thing to my growing list of responsibilities! I am so glad we started CDing and I can't wait to CD the Little One from the beginning. I've already started my Newborn CD stash!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Yay! Thanks for linking up! I totally understand the overwhelmed in the beginning bit; I totally plan on CDing from day one the next time around, too.

MommieV said...

The diapers I had were way to big for my wee one - she was only 5 pounds 9 ounces when she came home from the hospital. I was in the overwhelmed boat too, so I dabbled in cloth, but did mostly sposies for about the first 6 weeks or so. Once the diapers started fitting better, it seemed to become alot easier!

I don't know if there will be a "next time" on this end, but if there is, it will be so much easier to start with cloth from the beginning!

Thanks for sharing your story!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...