Friday, March 11, 2011

Can you Afford that Cookie?



*I like to look at my WW points as currency. When I start to eat something I think to myself a few things:
Can I afford this?
Is this worth spending my points?
If I eat this will I have enough left over for another snack? (I'm always thinking ahead to my next meal!)
I have thrown away food that did not taste good enough to waist points on (like some of those frozen "diet" meals). You may think you have "so many" points but by the end of the day there just are never enough.

The new PlusPoints program puts a higher weight on Carbs (except for fruit which is free) so the things I use to eat that were low in points are now higher in points. Sometimes as much as 3 times! Being a Carb (bread, chips, potatoes, beans) addict this has been hard on me. For example: I use to take a pita, cut it up and toast it in the oven and use it to dip beans and salsa for a total of 3 points. Now 1 pita is 3 points and 1/2 cup of beans are 3 points! I've had to change my eating habits which I guess is the whole point of the new program.

I've made sure to have veggies in our dinner every night, something I wasn't doing before. I buy a big bag of frozen and cook them in the microwave. Fill up on the veggies because they are free!!

I walked almost every day this week. It sometimes takes me 1/2 an hour just to get out of the house. After getting everyone ready then nurse the baby then someone needs a diaper change and then the other one needs a diaper change then strap the baby on in the Ergo and Ethan in the stroller then we are out the door. Whew!

Everyone else is doing it so I guess I will too. Here it is, my weight.

Starting Weight: 185.6
Current Weight: 183.6
+/- For week: -2
+/- Total: -2


I'm joining in with Brandy @ You Don't Know for her Fat Ass Fridays.







*I started WW when I was a Senior in College (2002) and have been doing the program off and on ever since then.
.

4 comments:

Corinne said...

Congrats on the loss! Have you tried grapes mixed with yogurt. My favorite afternoon snack. And only 1 pt...well depending on the yogurt.

Brandy@YDK said...

You are doing fantastic! I am a carb junkie too and had to relook at everything I was eating. some of my diet pizzas have doubled too. Good job! and thanks so much for linking up.

Dillypoo said...

Carbs are my downfall, too. I can hoover through a package of saltines in record time!

For that chips and salsa urge, I like to mix picante sauce with 4 oz of fat free cottage cheese. For crunch, I eat it with sliced carrot medallions (instead of baby carrots) or sliced cucumbers. Depending on your salsa, that's a 1 point snack that's filling, satisfying and worth a serving of veggies!

Fiona said...

I think of my points as money too! I think about whether I can "afford" foods and if I'd rather "spend" my points on something else.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...