Friday, March 4, 2011

Losing It

Weight, that is. I'm ready to start seeing the pounds drop off. I don't care where they go just as long as they are not on my thighs. I love being pregnant and having babies. I love eating. What I don't love is my thighs rubbing together when I walk and my clothes not fitting. I live in yoga pants because that's all I have that fit. I'm pretty sure the people at Walmart think I'm homeless. I refuse to buy any bigger clothes.

I started the new Weight Watchers program on Thursday. The new point system is a bit different then the old one but I love how many points I get. I get an extra 14 per day because I breastfeed Lily! I need them because I'm hungry all the time. Every time I do the WW plan I am amazed at what I put in my mouth. It makes me accountable to write everything down. When I do start to eat something I think about writing it down and it keeps me from over eating. I try to keep my water with me everywhere I go but still can't seem to get the 8 glasses in a day. Once Lily is all better I want to start walking at a near by park that has an excellent trail. I think I'll push Ethan in the walking stroller and have Lily in the Ergo carrier. We haven't  gotten a double stroller yet.

I don't think I'm brave enough to post my weight on here but I will keep you updated on how much I lose (or gain).

*Updated to add:
I have a short term 5% goal of 9lbs I would like to be at by the first of April.

I'm joining in with Brandy @ You Don't Know for her Fat Ass Fridays.






6 comments:

Brandy@YDK said...

YAY! I'm so glad that you linked up this week. The new WW plan seems pretty cool and would be even better if I tracked. I love the fruit is free. That really helps me.

Corinne said...

Can't wait to see your progress. I am also on Weight Watchers, and am having a hard time adjusting to the new plan, after being on the old one for so long.

Jaclynn_kyuss said...

Do you need a new bff? holy crap we have a lot in common.
I started WW on Thursday.

I have a 4 month old.

I am fat. ha ha :)
Good luck on your weight loss journey!

Anonymous said...

I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT! THAT 5% WILL BE A SNAP BY APRIL. I AM WORKING THE NEW PROGRAM TOO!
LOVE,
MOM

Vicki said...

I'm going for broke, Melissa..we can encourage each other. I hope to lose at least 30# by the time we go to the beach. I did that in 6 weeks about ten years ago and kept it off for quite awhile afterwards. Do you think I can? (There, I've made myself accountable in front of The Whole World. Maybe it'll help.) Honestly, I'm tired of being malformed around the midsection and want to reform. It takes eating less than 1000 calories/day and walking two miles a day in two 20-minute bouts after meals. I've made it through one day of the non-eating and walked ONE mile today. Maybe I'll do better tomorrow.

Craftcherry said...

I'm working on losing my baby weight too. My little guy is months now.
LOVE my ergo baby carrier. We use the double stroller for walks, but the ergo comes with me every where. I don't know how I lived without it the first time around.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...