Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My First Time...MilkSharing

I always thought I wouldn't mind sharing my breastmilk with a friend if her baby needed it. I would even breastfeed the baby if the momma wanted me to. But give my milk to someone I don't know? I don't even know if I would give my baby a strangers milk.

A few weeks ago I came across a page on Facebook: Human Milk for Human Babies. The one I found was for Oregon (The Move) so I joined the page and began reading about moms who needed milk and moms who had milk to share. I still didn't think I would ever do it.
Lily just hours old.

But if my milk is good enough for my babies why not another hungry baby?

I sought out the FB HM4HB for Texas. I checked it ever so often for new updates. Then there she was: a momma in need right in my area. I contacted her and started pumping that day. A few days later she pick up the milk. It wasn't much because as soon as I started pumping Lily decided she wanted to start nursing more! But it was enough to help another momma and baby out.

I fell good about it and hope I can help another momma and baby one day. I'm pretty sure Miss Lily will not be weaning any time soon so I will have plenty of milk to share!

Birth Without Fear
Eats on Feet
World Milk Sharing Week

Would you consider milksharing or wet nursing?

Ethan around 3 months old.


1 comment:

Holly Wilson said...

I'm so proud of you! And as a mama who had such a hard time producing enough milk the first time around, I can tell you how much that mama appreciated it even though I don't know her story. Can't wait to see you guys again. You are visiting again before you move, right?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...