Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Falling asleep on His Own!

Last night I fed Ethan and he still was not asleep. I was not feeling well so I put him in his crib so I could rest. He made some soft crying sounds but nothing I needed to worry about. Then he stopped crying altogether! Of course I rushed into the room because I was sure in the few seconds he had not been crying he had somehow wedged his head between the mattress and bars and was slowly suffocating.
But what did I find?? A sleeping baby! I've heard about this. There are a lot of parents out there that claim there babies go to sleep by themselves. I've even read books and websites that try to teach you how to train them to do this. But I've never actually seen it until last night! Visions of sleeping through the night danced in my head. So I proudly went back to bed, closed my eyes and attempted to sleep.
Sleep never came for me. But my little boy slept a whole 1/2 an hour in his own bed while I watched the clock!

1 comment:

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Wow, he is getting so big.And so cute! Enjoy your time with your mom next weekend. Love you guys.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...