Monday, July 27, 2009

Chrismas in July




I bought some Christmas cookie cutters for $1 at a garage sale last weekend and had to use them.




I broke out Eli's family recipe book and found these cookies.




1 1/2 c butter or margarine- 4 sticks

1 1/2 c powdered sugar

2 egg yolks

4 c flour



Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks and continue to beat. Add sifted flour and stir until well blended into mixture. Roll out very thin on floured board. Cut out with cookie cutters. Bake at 375 until barely golden, about 8-10 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen.


Helpful Hint: Use lots of flour to roll these out! If not, it will stick to everything.

These are sooooo good!!! But of course they would be with 1 whole pound of butter! They taste just like Pepperidge Farm's Chessmen cookies.



These cookie cutters are just like the ones my mom has. Making these cookies reminded me of making cookies at Christmas time with my cousins (you know who you are) at my Grandmother's house. Such good memories and I can't wait to share the fun with Ethan! He did "help" by staying pretty happy in his walker for most of the time.


My favorite cutter was always the angel. She is holding a song book but I always thought it was an "M" for Melissa :)




2 comments:

karlathegreat said...

we once had christmas in July for aunt carla, remeber?!? and you always happened to get the angel cookie cutter back in the day

Unknown said...

I remember having Christmas for Aunt Carla! She was so excited and Paw Paw just left the tree up and moved it to the garage, lights and all, so he wouldn't have to put it back up in Dec!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...