Thursday, July 9, 2009

Oatmeal Cookies



I found this on another blog and thought I'd try it out. They are quite tasty but a bit on the dry side. I think I used too much flour. It is a big step from the ones I usually make from the recipe on the oatmeal container. They turn out really runny. I guess I'll just have to keep at it till I get them just right. That will be about the time Ethan will be able to eat them!
Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
¼ cup shortening
½ cup butter or margarine
1 egg
1 ¼ cups firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 ½ tsp vanilla
Approx 2 ½ cups flour (a little less)
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
3 cups oats
¼ tsp cinnamon **More
1 cup raisins
Heat oven to 375. Grease baking sheets.
Combine shortening, butter, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed just until blended. Stir in raisins.
Drop rounded tablespoonfuls (cookie scoop) of dough 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Do not overbake. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Cool completely on sheets of foil.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I have a "runny" cookie story...
I made a double, big patch of cookies one time and thought it would be so great. They turned out flat and runny. It turns out you can not use butter spreads/soft spreads, etc, the same way you measure the old-time butter or margarines. Lesson learned. I love oatmeal cookies.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...